DevOps Engineer (f/m/d)
SatoshiPay is a fast-growing technology company founded in 2014 which solves cross-border payment challenges for businesses and consumers. We are right in the middle of the nascent blockchain industry that is reinventing payments, banking, and money. We are currently developing Pendulum – a Substrate based blockchain that is meant to open up the exciting world of DeFi applications to fiat currencies.
You will be part of a distributed, collaborative and agile team with a mixture of all experience levels, nationalities, and genders. We are 8 people working in 2 different time zones in our stellar Tech Team looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer. You will be primarily responsible for our blockchain infrastructure and follow the mission to ensure that our systems are secure, healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale.
What you will be doing
- Architect our blockchain infrastructure
- Design procedures for system troubleshooting and maintenance
- Analyzing the developer’s needs to improve the CI/CD environment and provide the best developer experience
- Scaling the infrastructure to onboard new projects
- Manage and create CI pipelines and deploy applications via automation
- Monitor and review currently used technologies and tools and research new solutions to adapt to the latest standards
- Enforce and maintain security practices as well as help to train and guide the team in DevOps practices
- Containerization (Docker/Kubernetes)
- Infrastructure as code (Terraform/CloudFormation)
- CI/CD (Jenkins/CodeFresh/GitlabCI or GitHub workers, TravisCI etc) and automation
- Cloud Providers like AWS, Google Cloud
- Experience with agile methodologies, a rapid development cycle as well as experience working in a distributed team
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
Nice to have
- Understanding of modern blockchain notions such as validators, bridges, oracles
- Familiar with Substrate/Polkadot ecosystem
What we value
We are a remote-first company with one physical office in Berlin, Germany. We are looking for talented people to join us in any time zone ranging from GMT-2 to GMT+2.
We value an inspiring and productive work environment with flat hierarchies and flexible working hours, supported by a highly skilled and down-to-earth team as well as an attractive salary in a permanent role. We offer an annual development budget of 600€ and 2 extra days off to be spent on your self-development and an open, friendly, energetic work environment where every voice is heard.
How to apply
Please apply by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- CV or Link to Linkedin, Github or other network profiles
One more thing
We invite the best people from all walks of life to come work with us. We don’t discriminate based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other differences.
P.S. Even if your experience doesn’t exactly match this job description, we know that your curiosity and passion will be enough to set you apart.\ We want to work with people who have diverse perspectives and backgrounds, will challenge us, and aren’t afraid to rethink the status quo. If this sounds like you, we are excited to hear from you.