Substrate Engineer (m/f/d) fully remote
Berlin or Remote (but must be able to work full hours in UTC+1 timezone).
We currently develop Pendulum – a Substrate based blockchain that is meant to open up the exciting world of DeFi applications to fiat currencies.
We are looking for an experienced software engineer who is enthusiastic about innovative blockchain technologies.
SatoshiPay is a fast-growing technology company founded in 2014. You’ll be joining the company at a pivotal moment in which we use our experience to build next generation blockchain-based financial services – an ideal environment to apply yourself and grow.
- Be a mentor at building and maintaining our Substrate-based blockchain
- Contribute with high-performance & high-security Rust code
- Help to deploy and maintaining the nodes of our testnet and future mainnet
- Make security a top priority and create quality software documentation
- Deliver software in a changing environment with lots of research, experimentation and reverse engineering
- 3 years of experience in Rust
- 1 year of experience in Substrate
- Knowledge of secure and scalable software development techniques, understanding of cryptographic concepts
- Strong interest in decentralized applications and DeFi
- Ability to work independently
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Great communications skills
Nice to have
- Web development skills, specially React or similar
- Experience in dapp and smart contract development
- Understanding of modern blockchain notions such as bridges, miner extractable value, zero knowledge proofs
- Familiar with Stellar and Polkadot
- Familiar with Linux environment, command line, docker containers.
- Dev-ops knowledge
What we offer
Working at a fast-moving startup like SatoshiPay means that all your contributions will have a direct impact on the product and by extension on how people will use the internet in the future. The SatoshiPay team is well-connected, both in the FinTech and the blockchain scene, so you’ll also benefit from being exposed to these communities. We are an open-minded team that works closely together in a non-hierarchical manner remotely and at our office in the heart of Berlin.
We are big believers (and users!) of open source software, so you will also be working on software that is released under an open license and take part in open standards activities. We are also regularly attending hackathons and tech conferences.
- An inspiring and productive work environment with flat hierarchies and flexible working hours
- A permanent full-time position
- Competitive salary
- Strong support of a highly-skilled, well-connected, and experienced international team who works with a mutual respect and appreciation
- An education budget and extra days off to be spent on your self-development
- Modern, and well-equipped office in the center of Berlin with ergonomic desks and chairs, rooftop and free office drinks, snacks, and fruits
- Full remote work possible, but must be able to work at typical working hours of UTC+1 timezone
- Optional yearly winter office participation somewhere in the sun
- Optional participation in VSOP to benefit from a future increase in the value of the company
- Personal branding support: preparing talks and blog posts, participating in industry conferences and hackathons
- Open source contributions
How to apply
If you have a passion for how software applications should be built, care about making other developers’ lives better, and thrive in a startup environment, then we’d love to talk to you! Please apply by sending an email to email@example.com and include:
- A compact CV (max 2 pages)
- Link to LinkedIn and GitHub profiles
- Salary expectations and preferred starting date